One of Britain's most popular visitor locations, the City of Canterbury has been a place of pilgrimage throughout the ages, offering unrivalled hospitality. Although it remains a historical centre of international importance, it is also one of the most attractive shopping destinations in the region, boasting a vibrant mix of national and local specialist retailers. The City Centre has more than 320...
Unspoilt and unassuming, Herne Bay relishes its enviable location on the glorious North Kent coast.
With its splendid seafront, beautifully restored bandstand, Victorian heritage, variety of local shops and glorious countryside, Herne Bay presents an unrivalled opportunity to sample the delights of an attractive seaside resort. Even the weather smiles on Herne Bay and it ranks...
Whitstable is a traditional heritage fishing town, which is very popular with tourists and visitors. The town attracts a great number of visitors each year, many from the London area, and many of whom have holiday homes here.
Whitstable has a working harbour, several business parks, both in the town and on the outskirts, with both service and industry mixing with retail. There are also a number of...
For businesses and potential investors, Canterbury district exhibits a number of distinct competitive advantages over other areas, making it a highly attractive business location:
1. A workforce of 50,000 people makes Canterbury one of the largest economies in Kent.
2. Canterbury is the location of almost 5,000 companies and four major educational establishments.
3. The University of Kent is situated here, and has a well-established reputation in the field of computer science as well as the industrial application of biological sciences and electrical engineering.
4. The district enjoys a strategic position on the A2/M2 corridor and at the centre of East Kent. It offers efficient transport links by road, rail, air and sea, all of which enable easy and rapid access to UK and European markets.
5. The area offers a range of quality commercial property and business development sites. A range of support and advice services also exists for start-up enterprises, existing businesses and inward investors.
6. Canterbury City is a premier commercial and cultural centre for the South East of England.
‘Intelligent’ cleansing services on the way
To further its aim to have only 5% of waste sent to landfill by 2020...
Background on Business Improvement Districts
BIDs, business-led partnerships that focus on improving...
Startmybiz Canterbury, Canterbury Business Start-up Coordinator - Job Opportunity
Startmybiz Canterbury’ is a new Start Up Programme for Canterbury funded by...
Whitefriars ‘amazing’ marketing campaign scoops top industry award
Canterbury’s Whitefriars shopping centre has scooped a top industry award for its...
Massive jobs and business boost for East Kent
Local businesses will be able to apply for interest-free loans provided they have...